Managing nappy rash
If your baby’s skin is sore, red and feels warm to the touch in any areas usually covered by a nappy then your baby may have nappy rash. You can follow the steps below to treat it:
- Change your baby’s nappy every time it becomes wet or dirty to prevent prolonged contact between your baby’s skin and the chemicals found in wee and poo
- Leave the nappy off for as long as possible to let fresh air get to the affected area
- Make sure your baby’s nappy fits well and is not chafing or rubbing anywhere
- Avoid using soaps, detergents or bubble bath that could further irritate the affected area
- Ensure your baby’s skin is clean and dry before using a fresh nappy
- Apply Sudocrem Healing Cream to the affected area at every nappy change to soothe and heal the skin.
Sudocrem Healing Cream soothes, heals and protects. Helping with symptoms of nappy rash such as which may include redness, swelling, heat & discomfort.
The best approach to nappy rash is to prevent it in the first place. You can read more about preventing nappy rash here.